DK

Based on 1,913 Ratings
1,408
Posted on Aug 30, 2022
3,739

Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC or ALCAR) is an amino acid that fuels energy production in your cells and supports nerve function. It supplies the acetyl group for burning fats in your mitochondria (fatty acid oxidation) and producing acetylcholine. Under normal conditions, your body will produce sufficient amounts of carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine. However, the following may impair the process and raise your risk of carnitine deficiency: Genetic disorders; Old age;Kidney and liver disorders;Antibiotics and drugs for seizures;Diabetes and obesity;Long-term fasting or calorie restriction. As a athlete I benefit from supplementation because higher levels of l-carnitine in the blood and muscles increase blood flow and oxygen supply, enhancing muscle recovery after exercise. The taste is normal.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021

Well, I have fibromyalgia, and a host of problems seem to come along with it as the years pass by. In the last year I have developed tingling, pins and needles and burning in hands, forearms, legs and feet. These have increased to an alarming amount, so I talked with my MD. He suggested gabapentin or lyrica, or possibly vitamin E. Well, I did NOT want to do prescription medications. The side effects for those are horrible (I am an RN and have seen first hand; and basically they don't really work.) So went on a hunt and Acetyl-L Carnitine came up in my research. So I looked at several, and then gave this a try. I was AMAZED. I noticed a significant reduction in overall symptoms beginning in less than a week. I have now been using the stuff for almost a month and am almost completely SYMPTOM FREE. One hold out spot on my great toe on my left foot, but that is significantly reduced. I am really pleased with how effective this has been for my " pins and needles". Give it a try. Maybe it will work as well for you.

Posted on Jun 21, 2022

Very good quality, ingredients are so balanced, size was enough for needs, Ingredients are good researched for depression, improved my mood, many other benefits along with That, package is delicate, as well as improving attention, taste was fine, highly recommended with max dosage have increased in energy and slight decrease stress with more brain activity

Posted on Mar 9, 2022
1,342

Really makes a difference in mental endurance feats. Adds that extra push when i'm engaged in intense activities. Works well in any nootropic stack with fish oil or Ubiquinol. 2 a day works well, Ive gone up to 4 and well awesome. Feels like an extra gear in short and long term memory.

Posted on Feb 27, 2022

Just as expected, nice to swallow and has no weird after taste which is hard to handle like some others. the package is plastic(why???), which could be improved by glass, like other companies do nowadays. at first i was really glad to encounter that it comes in the size of 60 capsules and not only 30. but then my first choice for supplements regarding high quality was no free radicals at all so you actually benefit from the age diet as long as the ingredients are natural. not for workout at all, will make you apart from your last meal if training while consuming. zero muscle gain on the top of that, of course.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) is a nutrient that occurs naturally in the body and is fundamentally important for energy generation by the mitochondria "energy factories" in our cells. The acetyl part of the molecule can be used to make acetylcholine, a key chemical messenger in the brain and all the other organs. ALC also is involved in regulating gene activity (epigenetics) and is a versatile protective nutrients for the nervous system.

Posted on Sep 4, 2022

A fellow ME/Cfs patient of mine recommended this supplement. She said she had felt improvement when she started taking this. Of course I had to try it. So far though, I haven’t seen any improvement for my self. However I will keep taking the supplement and see.. the quality and ingredients seem good and it’s easy for me to take as the size seems ok.

Posted on Mar 1, 2022

There are plenty of options finding Acetyl L-Carnitine out there, but who actually made the compound? I was using another brand that quietly dropped that they were using Biosint. That means it was made in some who-knows open market chem factory, most likely China, possibly India. Now that doesn't mean per se it is bad, but you have no trace. Biosint is a gold standard maker of this - and you know where it came from. Yes, they probably want more for it - and guess what, I will pay a little more for it. Quality over quantity here

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

Doctor's Best uses the higher quality Sigma Tau ALC, though tends to cost a bit less other than brands which do the same. I've been using it for over a decade with great, noticeable results, though results may not be as noticeable for all people.