DK
4.5

4.5
Posted on Oct 5, 2022

It's a light miso with the requisite saltiness you'd expect but with a nice sweetness to balance it. I can literally eat this from a spoon, it's so good. I use it in soups, stir fries, dressing, grilling...well, you get the idea! My only complaint is that I wish they would put this in the same packaging Genmai which has a spout making it super easy to dispense. The Shiro is in a bag inside the package, and the inner bag is not resealable making it pretty messy to use. Packaging aside, this is really good stuff, and I highly recommend it.

40fe7cda-0840-4a72-8c2f-4254931d23c8
c0888259-c997-4d1f-966e-3c98846620b5

I am on a soup journey in my life because of gut issues and decided to try this miso. I have the other variety that Iherb sells and they are both very good. The probiotic benefits are wonderful and the flavor is super yummy. It's a thick paste that you add once the soup is done for the probiotics to be retained. This package lasts a long time but must be refrigerated after opening.

Posted on Nov 23, 2022

This is quality miso. We love it. It's a light miso with the requisite saltiness you'd expect but with a nice sweetness to balance it. I can literally eat this from a spoon, it's so good. I use it in soups, stir fries, dressing, grilling anything that needs that umani kick and salt. Fantastic purchase and goes a long way, so great value.

Posted on Nov 11, 2022

I usually get another brand of miso, that comes in a jar. So, when they were sold out, I said I would try this eden miso, since I do like eden products. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavour, texture and benefit's of using this miso. especially in the morning or adding to food. The bag seemed weird to my jar miso habit, so I squeezed it out (a bit messy yes) into a jar and it worked fine. I'd love for eden to make a miso in a jar, but this is cost effective so it's a good option. Good price this way so no complaints. Good quality product.

Posted on Sep 4, 2022

This is excellent quality shiro miso for the price and convenience of a vacuum sealed product that does not require refrigeration before being opened. It has a sweeter, smoother flavour than the other genmai miso from this brand. The taste is quite rich and suitable to use for vegetable miso, no other stock is really necessary, but if you like bone broth, I suspect that would enhance it too. The only drawback is the package is a bit unwieldy after being opened. There is an inner sac that holds the miso, but the outer package has the ziplock on it. I much prefer the other package from the genmai miso with a spout and a screwable cap. With that said, I recommend giving it a try.

Posted on May 20, 2022

I bought this because it is the lowest sodium miso I can find and is also organic. Of course Eden Foods' quality is excellent. When I first bought this years ago it was not my favorite, but now it is my go-to miso and I love it! Other misos are far too salty with more salt than flavor. This has a slightly sweeter taste. It adds a lot of flavor to everything from soups to dips, sandwich spreads, etc. Also it is easy to keep around (no refrigeration needed until you open it). If it gets old it might darken somewhat but I have found it is still good to eat.

Posted on Sep 2, 2022

Best miso so far. Packaging is great, two layers. Used in soups and souces, in both small serving was enough to get the full taste. Recommend

Posted on Mar 21, 2022

This is the best, tastiest and awesomest miso paste I've ever tried! Milder than the regular one, adds tanginess and a lot of umami taste to anything. My must have from now on

Posted on Mar 7, 2022

Happy with the purchase, very reasonable price, great quality and perfect packaging to keep it fresh and without mess! I already used in one of the soups and it had a great taste. Definitely recommend it and will order again once I finish this one!

Posted on Mar 4, 2022

It tastes great! It's sweet and good option when cooking for baby (if you don't want to use salt). Long shelf life! I prefer buying the one with the cap so it's easier to store after use.