DK

4.7
Based on 4,370 Ratings
3,561
Posted on Sep 23, 2022

Lactoferrin helps to bind and absorb free labile iron, thereby reducing inflammation and oxidative stress. I normally take colostrum for this purpose as it is rich in lactoferrin, but this supplement was also important to have in my home for times of acute illness. It really helps to clear illness faster and reduce inflammation.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022

Have been taking an iron supplement for a long time thats helped my ferritin levels but its slow progress. Discovered Lactoferrin (apolactoferrin sepcifically - the kind in this product) when looking into gut health issues, as it helps starve the baddies in the gut while delivering the iron where its meant to go - as a result I wonder if supplementing iron all this time inadvertently contributed to gut dysbiosis? Who knows, but feeling optimistic about the addition of this product.

Posted on Sep 7, 2022

I love this product!!! Since taking it, my ferritin has gone from 17 to 45. And my gut is doing so much better. I would suggest to the people that get "allergic" reaction symptoms like rashes they might be experiencing a Herxheimer reaction. It happened to my husband when he tried to quit sugar cold turkey. He has candida problems and for the two weeks he was off sugar he had a severe hives like rash that went away when he started eating sugar /carbs again. For various reasons, I believe most of the people in my family need to be taking this supplement. I've been reading a lot about the gut brain connection, and I believe gut dysbiosis is far more prevalent in our population than we realize. The same goes for thyroid and adrenal issues.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022

I like this product. I have candida overgrowth and it does make my intestines more comfortable. Im not sure if it boosts iron levels as it is apolactoferrin and this form does not contain ferric iron. People who want to boost iron levels should choose lactoferrin instead and this one is not that. Its more for people who want to boost their immune system, but avoid iron.

I had no idea I was so deficient in whatever makes this supplement work for me. I hate milk and haven’t drank milk in 20-30 years. I started taking this Jarrows lactoferrin and some terrible symptoms I’ve been suffering with for over 10 years are now resolved! Unbelievable. Thank you!

Oceans
Posted on Jun 25, 2022
1,102
3,306

Posted on Jun 11, 2022

Unbelievable…for years I struggled with severe exhaustion…turns out I have anemia of chronic decease/inflammation where your iron does get to where it should. (Your dr may not figure this out…get full blood work). Within days of taking lactoferrin I felt improvement with out iron supplements. ( it can be dangerous to take iron with anemia if your ferritin is already high). Yes there is hope for me now.

Posted on Jan 28, 2022

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

I order this product for my father in order to make sure that iron he is taking will not be feed parasites. He takes 1 capsule lactoferrin and iron together in the evening. The ferritin level went up, but rather slowly so after 2 months of this therapy we will stop taking lactoferrin and iron and will have to find out where the problem is. Lactoferrin is also used in many other cases - I even read about a positive effect withing lymphoma therapy. So definitely recommend the product. Like if I was helpful.

Posted on Jan 9, 2022

The capsules definitely work. The benefits were noticeable during my last blood test, they are helping to retain iron and have improved the hemoglobin count in my blood significantly. The dosage prescribed by my doctor is one capsule in the morning and one in the evening for two months in combination with iron. The capsules have no taste (you are not supposed to chew them) and are easy to swallow because of their size and do not cause any problems with my stomach, which tells about high quality of the ingredients used.