DK

Based on 1,617 Ratings
1,325
Posted on Sep 7, 2022
I take this at night

Theanine (200mg) is part of a regimen I take to get deep restful sleep, along with Ashwagandha (150mg), melatonin (10mg), HTTP (100mg), magnesium citrate (50mg), zinc(15mg), l-lysine (1,200mg) and l-arginine (1,200mg). I don't need it every night. But when I need it, I always can count on it to put me right to sleep and wake up refreshed. You can take theanine by itself, too, for stress relief, mental clarity and many other benefits.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022

Works well for enhancing sleep. I take it about 30 mins before bed and it helps me to get to sleep faster than if I hadn't taken it. I tend to open the capsule and pour out the contents on my tongue, chased by a glass of water for faster results. I can get a good 6-7hrs of sleep.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021

L-theanine is an amino acid commonly found in tea. Together with caffeine, it may produce a distinct cognitive enhancement profile without the jitters or other side effects. L-theanine is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and affect the brain directly. In the brain, it may target brain chemicals that regulate arousal, anxiety, pleasure, and attention. L-theanine increases brain serotonin and dopamine levels, which may improve memory and learning. It also increases the levels and effectiveness of GABA, the body’s main inhibitory neurotransmitter, and stimulates alpha brain wave activity, which may cause mental relaxation, concentration, and deep REM sleep.

Posted on Nov 29, 2022

THIS IS THE ONLY RELAXING THING TO TAKE DURING EXAMS! anything else will cause drowsiness. Generally, I love all Jarrow Formulas products, they are always top-notch. This L-theanine is no exception. This is the proper dosage. I can recommend, generally, to take it on a need-basis and don't take it daily for years, as it'll stop working at some point as your body gets used to it. But definitely, by far, the best alternative to addictive and brain-damaging benzodiazepines. I've known and used L-theanine for over 15 years now - on and off, but a lot before and during exams at university.

Posted on Nov 23, 2022
1,245

Posted on Nov 18, 2022

This is another quality product from Jarrow formulas that has great packaging, easy to swallow pills with no taste, and are effective to give a level of relaxation. I take it with my caffeine to curb the anxiety I sometimes get with caffeine. I get my energy but also feel calm at the same time. Part of my diet.

Posted on May 31, 2022

I've only been using it for few weeks now and i must say the benefits are really worth it! sleep quality improving for sure. anyone should include this awesome supplement in their diet! helps with sleep and energy levels! it doesn't really taste like anything! the size of the package is small but it does the job.

Posted on Apr 24, 2022

I took l’theanine to support my sleep by taking l’theanine with Suntheanine of a good price and I always get good result from it. I bought Jarrow Formulas l’theanine which is one the best brand at the time of a good price and I had never failed to got result from it.

Posted on Apr 15, 2022

100mg of L-Theanine is what you want for mellowing out after a too strong cup of coffee, to get rid of jitters. Paradise Herbs has Sun Theanine 200mg, which is great for falling asleep, but I find that taking it after a coffee, during the day, is too much, especially if you need to drive, perform, etc. Got this on sale, $8 for 60 caps is fine.

Before I started drinking copious amount of tea I used l-theanine in my coffee. It takes the edge off and is helpful in relieving anxiety, minus the coffee of course. I notice I don't get worked up so easily and I'm able to focus on things without getting stressed out. I started opening the capsules and putting it in my water bottle and the benefits have been even better. Its a great addition to any diet looking to soothe nerves. I noticed it has a slight sweet taste which it fine by me.