DK

4.7
Based on 3,252 Ratings
2,704
Posted on Nov 21, 2022

Recently I became irritable, aggressive, stressed out of the blue, which negatively affected my life and life of my family. I took some other stress-relief suplements, but I did not notice the effect. I read reviews about this 5-htp and immediately ordered a large jar of 200 mg. I drink one capsule 20-30 minutes before going to bed, I don’t wake during the night anymore, I became calmer, aggression is gone. In short - it works! I've been taking it for a month and a half.

Posted on Oct 17, 2022

This has help decrease my anxiety over the last few months. It takes about a month or more to get the full effects. I tried this under the recommendation of my health professional. They started me at a lower dose and I just increased to the 200 mg and am happy with the results I am seeing and will continue to buy this product.

Posted on Aug 5, 2022

I love this product - quality and the ingredients are perfect. Size of the capsule is easy to swallow. I always take it before bedtime and it improves my sleep. Has great benefits on my mood and stress levels. I like that this amino acids improve my cravings for sweet and also improving serotonin levels.

Posted on Apr 20, 2022

I have been using 5-HTP since 2010 and I cannot live without it. My perfect amount has always been 200mg every other day. It has regulated my appetite and if I quit taking it (or forget), after a few days I get binge-crazy and dream all night about gorging myself. I do also feel it has somewhat boosted my mood as well, as I used to be very low mood all of the time, so I figure I must have some kind of natural serotonin deficiency. This has been a godsend for me. I used to take the more expensive Natrol time release 200mg, but I switched to this a year ago and it works exactly the same.

Posted on Apr 7, 2022

Good value for money on what it often an expensive product, tolerated well on an empty stomach in the morning, and doesn’t make me sleepy in the day. Seems to give a slight protection to the mental state, just a more general positive outlook throughout the day. I think it could help people with slight low mood, especially in the mornings. No real effect noticeable when taken at night as recommended however, but I also don’t respond to melatonin so it may work for others.

Posted on Mar 26, 2022

I tried this as a part of my amino acid therapy which was going great until major stressful situations got to me and now it feels like the effects of this supplement were reversed and it didn't actually help that much. But all in all, if you're not a special (anxiety, OCD) ridden case and you need something that will make more relaxed, this is wonderful. Also, I have noticed that my memory has improved (VASTLY) and it is easier for me to focus.

Posted on Mar 24, 2022

Do not take 5-HTP if you’re taking other medications that increase serotonin levels, such as antidepressants like SSRIs and MAO inhibitors. Use caution when taking carbidopa, a medication for Parkinson’s disease. 5-HTP is not recommended for people with Down syndrome, as it has been linked to seizures. Also, do not take 5-HTP less than two weeks before surgery as it may interfere with some drugs commonly used during surgical procedures. 5-HTP may interact with other medications as well. As with any supplement, be sure to check with your doctor before starting something new.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022

If you have insomnia, this product may help reduce your symptoms by raising brain cells' levels, producing happy chemicals called neurotransmitters. It's helped me get a better night's sleep, and I wake up feeling more rested. This product is also great for managing stress and anxiety. It's a natural way to boost your mood and feel more relaxed.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022
4,069

This product is a supplement for improving health, immunity, quality of life, well-being and mood. I bought it out of curiosity after reading "Vitamin" in the title of the search results. It filled some essential needs I had so far: energy boost and eliminated fatigue due to long flights and stress.