DK

4.7
Based on 2,610 Ratings
2,142
Posted on Dec 12, 2021

Glycine is an important amino acid. The benefits you get by supplementing with glycine are important for the production of glutathione which is so important for the proper functioning of your immune system, may protect your liver and heart 5. Glycine will calm you down and improve your sleep, etc. With this, you get a lot of glycine at a very reasonable price.

1eb38386-e944-48c8-921d-b98b3a1003ba

I've been using NOW Foods Glycine powder for a while now and I'm really happy with it. It dissolves easily in water and has a little sugary taste, so it's perfect for adding to my morning coffee. It's also really affordable, especially considering the high quality of the product. I would definitely recommend NOW Foods Glycine to anyone looking for an easy, affordable way to add this important amino acid to their diet. Thanks, NOW Foods, for making such a great product!

Posted on Oct 13, 2022

Great quality ingredient is this amino acid. Huge size container and great value for money. I like to take to help with headaches and sleep. Composition is great and I really feel the benefits after I take it. Pleasant taste can be taken straight off the spoon or mixed in water.

Posted on Oct 11, 2022

I've been suffering from poor fragmented sleep since I turned 60; never had a problem. I did the usual sleep hygiene (sunlight, regular meals, etc to no avail); then started experimenting with supplements, stacking them: Mg, melatonin, 5HTP, GABA...Added glycine! For the past year seem to be doing great, with much improved sleep: --deep & REM (data from tracking devices). Staying with glycine for sure, due to some studies that seem to support its ability to not only reduce symptoms of insomnia, but also to help in one's bouncing back after disrupted sleep cycles. Also love that it helps the body to make creatine & collagen for muscle synthesis, which is SO vital for the elderly!!! We need to be strong! Love that this is pure powder (no fillers, no capsules), w/favorable taste (a bit sweet, even), dissolves well. Fantastic quality from trusted NOW brand.

Posted on Oct 10, 2022

Ever since I started mixing 4gm (1 tsp) of glycine to the first mug of water I drink in the morning, there has been noticeably no more drastic drop in energy during the day. I think I feel calmer too. Even though I could have mixed it in my coffee as a sweetener, I prefer to drink it neat with water. It tastes great! I'm beginning to add 2gm to my final glass of water at night before sleep and it seems to be helpful as well.

Posted on Sep 2, 2022

Great way to increase insulin response, stimulate the production of serotonin and help the liver recovery. Benefits are for a calmer sleep, feel more rested and less urination at night for diabetics or people not yet into full diabetes but being on the edge. Not letting the insulin go mad helps to save the muscles from being turned into proteins, water and carbon dioxide, as a muscle loss reaction to highs of insulin, this is very important, especially for old people. I mix it with all the other bedtime supplements I can get as single ingredient powders to avoid fillers, it has a slightly sweet taste, fine transparent crystals, and dissolves fast. The package is a good size, is easy to use daily, the cap is to click on,

Posted on May 28, 2022

This product has all the benefits: (1) good quality (2) good price (3) good quantity. This is probably the most cost-effective glycine product I've bought. Excellent for enhancing sleep, recovery, training, and energy. Moreover, glycine can help with skin quality, given that it enhances collagen production (apparently many individuals don't get enough glycine in their diet).

Posted on May 3, 2022
9,604

Glycine is a vital part of my nighttime "cocktail" that I use to produce relaxation before bed. 3 grams of glycine, 1 gram of taurine, 250mg of l-theanine and 200mg of magnesium, 1/2 hour before bed, produce a very pleasant state of drowsiness. Glycine also contributes to general health as one of the building blocks of glutathione. Hope this helps!

Posted on Feb 21, 2022

To me, that´s the best way to supplement glycine. Glycine is a non-essential amino acid , very important for several functions in the body. It is part of glutathione, which is an extremely important molecule for detoxification and for antioxidant effects. Glycine in certain doses also have a calming effect in the brain. Although very important roles in the body, most diets are not rich in glycine because this amino acid is mostly found in cartilage tissue, collagen and such tissues, which we don´t consume much. You may supplement collagen and this is nice, but supplementing straight glycine is a more objective way to increase your intake of this specific amino acid. I like how this supplement here is straight glycine in powder and nothing else. No fillers or added unwanted stuff. Besides, you get to pick your dose depending on your daily needs. Affordable. Great product. I always have it in my kitchen cabinet now. Also, the package size is big and it lasts looong. Great quality!

Posted on Feb 7, 2022

I recently read about Glycine as a great protein to help with sleep and muscle energy. It has the bonus of a sweet taste. I have now used it for a week or so and the results are very good. It definitely helps me acheive better sleep with more vivid dreams. I wake up feeling more rested. This is a good size so I will take a while to get through it but will then repurchase it.