DK

4.7
Based on 1,857 Ratings
1,519
Posted on Feb 2, 2022
How to look 10 years younger.

My skin looks 10 years younger and I take Lysine daily. Lysine in its most absorbable state. Quality is excellent. The ingredient is pure amino acid Lysine (building block of Collagen with Vitamin C and Proline). It is one supplement that Nobel Laureate Prof. Linus Pauling and Dr. Matthias Rath recommended. I already have known about this little miracle for years. Every morning, I take this for general health mixed with 5 gram Vitamin C (1 teaspoon Vitamin C), and I mix this in "Budwig Smoothie" & "Kelly Brogan Smoothie" recipe. See Nobel Laureate Dr. Linus Pauling best-selling book 'How to live longer and feel better" Every day I take this, plus: . Vitamin C 8000 mg per day ( divided 3 times) . Multivitamin . B Complex - B 100 complex - 100 mg . Vitamin A 25000 IU . Vit D3 5000 IU . Vit K2 300 mcg . Vit E 1000 IU . Zinc 50 mg . Selenium 200 mcg . Omega-3 fish oil 2000 mg . Kelp - Iodine 1000 mcg . Calcium/Magnesium tablet . CoQ10 200 mg

Posted on Sep 25, 2022

L-lysine is very important in the creation of carnitine, which converts fatty acids into energy and also lowers cholesterol levels. It also seems to play a role in absorbing calcium and helps the body form collagen, which aids in the growth and maintenance of bones muscles and connective tissue. The package is big, the price affordable. Love using the powder

Posted on Sep 8, 2022

Posted on Jun 11, 2022

I take large doses of L-Lysine with Vitamin C to reduce cholesterol. Because I take such large doses, tablets are impractical due to cost. NOW brand L-Lysine is reasonably priced, dissolves well in liquid so I can mix it with my vitamin C in water, tea, or other beverages, and it is basically tasteless. The large size container provides me with weeks of product without having to buy many smaller containers at a higher price. I appreciate that the only ingredient is L-Lysine which is a must because added ingredients can cause ill effects when taken at the quantity I take it in. I’ve been using NOW brand L-Lysine for several years, trust the quality of the product, and don’t see a reason to use any other brand.

Posted on May 9, 2022

This is by far the economical way to take Lysine and it does work for those suffering from recurrent outbreaks of the herpes virus. If you have an outbreak start with 1 teaspoon per day (1/4 teaspoon 4 times per day, all at once might send you to the toilet). Once your outbreak is under control (5 to 10 days), slow down to 1/4 teaspoon twice per day and eventually 1/4 teaspoon once per day should control the herpes. If you eat too much arginine (eg. too much chocolate), then increase your Lysine intake.

Posted on Feb 15, 2022

I often had fever blisters as a child and young adult. Taking Lysine regularly got rid of that, but if I eat chocolate, gelatin, or nuts it comes back. Wish I'd had this great powder before! This is fantastic. 1/2 tsp, and it stops a fever blister before it gets well formed. I find powdered vitamins do well in broth or bullion or any strong drink.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

Lysine is necessary for the production of all proteins in the body, and is required for the maintenance of the structural proteins collagen and elastin, which form all connective tissue such as skin, tendon, and bone. L-Lysine is also a precursor to L-carnitine, which is needed for fat metabolism and energy production.

Posted on Jan 11, 2022

I use this for myself for overall health and to combat herpes in cats. Now brand is one of the best and this powder form will last a long time. I combine with NAC and MSM and take all three in water in the morning. I would do that over capsules any day and it is very cost efficient. The Lysine taste is mild, but not great. It dissolves well and doesn't clump. The cats don't mind the taste and I mix it in wet food. I would mix it in something else for kids because it's a little funky. Taken with the MSM and NAC though the taste disappears and is more palatable (though bitter all together). I dose 1-2 grams which is 2-4 scoops daily. Serving size is 1/4 tsp and a little under 1/2 g. Please THUMBS UP my review if you liked it! Thanks!!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2022

I am prone to cold sores and read that lysine, when taken at the first sign, could significantly cut down the time the cold sore would be around. I find that if I take this at the first tingling, I don't get the awful things. Highly recommend this powder.