DK

4.5
Based on 2,994 Ratings
2,193
Posted on Mar 13, 2022
Great brand and it workes really well

To make my depression better, I started taking 21st Century 100mg Niacin (I think it is the only low dose Niacin with flush, also it is tablet so I can make it to half), I take it twice a week and increased the dose gradually. I bought this when I could take 500mg at once, I think my dipression is much better after taking Niacin with flush last 2 months.

c6cb4b24-e74a-4aa3-b712-dfa15a1e5822
Posted on Oct 22, 2022

My family has a history of cholesterol problems even when eating healthy and working out! I was even at 7% body fat, had minimal saturated body fat in my diet, and working out 6 days a week and still was in the high range. I work in the healthcare industry and learned about niacin and the effects it has on the bad cholesterol and good cholesterol. I decided to give this a spin and have been on it for several weeks. I tapered my dose to minimize the flushing effects from niacin (i.e I split the pill and only took 250 mg initially). I can say I've had minimal events where I had flushed skin and I believe it is because I took this approach. I would recommend to not blindly take this medication - work with your healthcare provider to achieve your health goals and collaboratively determine if niacin is right for you.

e17d407f-9ed3-4b04-b020-82df5aedc6d8

Quality is excellent ,Niacin 500 mg per capsule. Iodine is an important trace minerals missing in our modern diet. Abram Hoffer MD PhD was important pioneer in Niacin research. I take this plus others, according to New York Times bestselling book "How to Live Longer Feel Better" by Nobel Laureate Prof. Linus Pauling (1901-1994) Vitamin C, 2000 mg x 3 times a day ; Multivitamin, 2 times a day; B-Complex 100 mg, 2 times a day; Vit B12 1000 mcg ; Vitamin A 25,000 IU; Vitamin E 1000 IU ; Vitamin D3 5000 IU ; Vit B9 - MethylFolate or Folinic Acid or Folic Acid 5000 mcg ; Calcium Citrate 300 mg ; Magnesium Glycinate 300 mg ; Selenium 200 mcg ; Zinc 50 mg ; Iodine 1000 mcg (or use Kelp Seaweed extract - to get total of 1000 mcg Iodine) ; Fish Oil Omega 3 (calculate to get 1000 mg of EPA daily) ; Probiotic, 1 capsule a day ;Coenzyme Q10 , 100 mg ;Vitamin K2 MK-7 300 mcg

Posted on Mar 30, 2022

I initially bought this niacin specifically for its flushing effects as part of the Stamet's Stack method to enhance the uptake and maximise the benefits of the Lion's Mane and other mushroom powders. It's definitely made a huge improvement to absorption and the circulation of nutrients throughout my system. The same concept has also been applied to other powder supplements, and it's taken things to another level. Keep in mind, it's important to break the capsules open (as a little goes a long way) and to take divided doses throughout the day, along with 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper with whatever supplements are consumed. I've been taking flushing niacin for several years now, and still get a flush from a small dose, so one of these capsules is REALLY strong! Excellent value for money and I'm delighted these are available via iherb.

Posted on Mar 20, 2022

I have been using this prouct for years. NOW always offers high quality supplements. In this case, the size and price are great. I take this to boost NAD levels and to keep cholesterol levels low. In turn, I feel a noticeable boost in energy and muscle function. As well, I'm glad that niacin has been shown to reduce LDL and raise HDL levels of cholesterol. What is ever better is how cost-effective it is! When buying niacin, aim to go with full flush and titrate up. I have no problems with 1000 mg now.

Posted on Jan 28, 2022

My first encounter with the product is not so pleasant as I didn’t know it caused flushing. I was rather shocked after taking as my whole body start to feel hot and bad flushing. It was rather scary as certain parts of my body start to itch as well. After reading the reviews, I realised that it’s because of the dosage I bought so I reduce it to half of 500mg but that is still too much. So I decided to take even lesser than that and I’m feeling fine. I’m happy with the product as it helps me to have been concentration and clear my brain fog.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021

When i first took it I had an extreme flush reaction… itching, red skin and got really scared, but after googling I realized it was a normal reaction. 🙂 anyway, it is a proof that the product works. To avoid flush effect one should start with a smaller dose and increase gradually since this is 2000% of RDA. The flush effect is gone after using product for some time or it is really minimized even comfortable.

Posted on Nov 14, 2022

I like it ,I bought because of high bad lipids in my lab test actually it works !It will literally give burn feelings,first time when I used I thought that it’s allergies but it just niacin.No taste (but if you open caps inside it has acid taste).Quality good .

Posted on Nov 9, 2022

Very finely milled and powdery, absorbs and works quickly with very warm water. You do get a flush with this formula but I've built up my tolerance so I only get a mild flush and it goes away quickly for me. I feel more relaxed. I also get a very runny nose after using. Really good formula. I like to open the capsules and pour in my mouth or very warm water to work faster. It reminds me of sherbet? Tangy sour taste. Great product.

Posted on Oct 26, 2022

I was totally satisfied with the quality of Now Niacin. It gave me a lot of energy - I cycle to and from work 20km 4 or 5 days a week. I have to be careful to actually eat enough calories as it does seem to speed up my metabolism. I've never lost so much weight in my life since I started the Niacin protocol.