DK

4.6
Based on 1,456 Ratings
1,143
Posted on Sep 9, 2022

The package size is much more generous than what's available locally, and the powder seems to be of the same quality. I did need to be pretty generous with the amount used in recipes, but still within the expected variation. It doesn't have any residual taste or texture, and does what it's supposed to do, for a reasonable price.

3a005153-d9f2-4777-bb51-d789d2702a85
Posted on Apr 18, 2022

Great substitut for gelatin for vegans and vegetarians. The consistency is a little more hard and brittle than gelatin. The package looks small at first, but it is actually enough for a long time, because a teaspoon is enough for a whole cup of liquid. I will definetly order again.

Very good agar-agar, I use it to make desserts instead of gelatine. It's very convenient because agar-agar doesn't melt at room temperature, unlike gelatine. And I like the fact that agar-agar is made from seaweed and not from cow's bones. The packaging is handy and the product lasts a long time.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021

Size: 2 Ounce (Pack of 1)Verified Purchase This stuff works great for making vegan jello! I wanted to give people a heads up about the recipe on the bottle though. It recommends using 2 tablespoons of agar agar to one pint of juice, which I tried, and the jello turned out crazy hard and unappealing. After finding some other recipes online, I've been making jello with just 1/2 teaspoon of agar agar to one pint of juice (so, 1/12 the amount of agar agar) and it's worked well. Maaaybe I would up it to 3/4 teaspoon. Anyway, I just regret that I unnecessarily used up so much of the agar agar following the recipe on the bottle! You don't need that much.

Posted on Jul 29, 2022
5,387

Posted on Nov 5, 2022

This was cheaper than others I have bought and I liked the bottle it came in as its easier to store than one I bought in cardboard and plastic pocket. It lasted me longer than previous brands and it did a good job thickening sauces etc. I would buy again.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022
4,069

This product is a supplement for improving health, immunity, quality of life, well-being and mood. I bought it out of curiosity after reading "Vitamin" in the title of the search results. It filled some essential needs I had so far: energy boost and eliminated fatigue due to long flights and stress. NOW FOODS is become our family favorite brand! Highly recommended.

Posted on Sep 6, 2022

This works well, I've used it to make fruit "jello" a few times. This has no flavor other than what you use with it. You'll have to experiment with the exact quantity to use depending on the texture you want your finish product to have. Overall it works very well and is a great vegan replacement for gelatin.

Posted on Jun 6, 2022

I was looking for a more natural substitute for gelatin and came across this agar powder. I use it for my panna cotta deserts and it does a great job thickening it. I think it’s a pretty good quality for money. It doesn’t add any taste to my deserts which I appreciate, so I’ll definitely order again.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022

It is a starch used as a thickener in healthy cooking recipes. The combination of agar-agar with arrowroot allows us to provide a gelatinous and creamy texture at the same time, providing a smooth but firm consistency that is very useful in vegan pastry recipes.