DK

4.7
Based on 2,945 Ratings
2,410
Posted on Feb 13, 2022

According to several sources, this is the purest spirulina in the world that is not contaminated with metals. The quality is good. If you are trying spirulina for the first time I would advise you to take the smaller bottle. I was surprised by the size of the bank, even a small bank is quite big.

0e16ab5b-b7ae-44d4-ab5e-95175097646f
Posted on Mar 19, 2022

Ver impressive product Good quality suitable ingredients good size perfect dosage good benefit and taste Good quality suitable ingredients good size perfect dosage good benefit and taste Good quality suitable ingredients good size perfect dosage good benefit and taste Good quality suitable ingredients good size perfect dosage good benefit and taste Good quality suitable ingredients good size perfect dosage good benefit and taste

dd89223c-4626-4eda-99a8-20898fbb2cf0
Posted on Sep 6, 2022

If you take spirulina daily like me, you must be careful to choose a clean one. As spirulina is a source of contaminants if not cultivated in a clean environnment. So this one is produced in the US and has been tested for their lead content in the Certificate of Analysis. It mentions one of the lowest lead content.

Posted on Aug 15, 2022

Outstanding quality and the best packaging (glass bottle). I've tried a few others but the smell, taste and color are always slightly off. Spirulina is an effective superfood and you should feel better, energy wise, directly after consuming it. I add this plus alkaline or mineral water plus molasses and drink. Very healthy.

Posted on Feb 7, 2022

I can’t recommend this enough! If you are looking for the best multivitamins out there, you can finally stop searching - Spirulina has been proven to be such a nutrient dense superfood. But I’ll leave it up to you to do more research. I’m not a doctor - but I’ve done my fair bit of research on spirulina and specifically this brand. Hawaiian spirulina is the cleanest one out there! Highly highly recommend. I usually put some in my smoothie or a glass of water in the morning! I used to not like the taste, but as you make this part of your Routine, it actually becomes yummy!

Posted on Jul 4, 2022

I am very satisfied with the quality and taste of Nutrex spirulina powder. I am a tennis enthusiast playing socially twice weekly for many years and I am now 75 years old. I noticed that after taking this product for several weeks my stamina seemed to be better. However the first couple of days I didn't feel too good , with some stomach discomfort and mild diarrhoea. Perhaps my system was adjusting to it or maybe the spirulina drink was detoxifying my body or perhaps I started with too high a dose (10g/day). But after a few days the adverse effects disappeared, perhaps because I lowered the dosage to 5-6g /day. In fact now, I can tolerate much higher dosage with adverse effects. Spirulina is a blue-green algae and it's benefits are well-known and well documented in scientific publications about it's efficacy preventing metabolic diseases, inflammations and even certain cancers. Apart from the fact that it is a powerful antioxidant it also contains many enzymes that play important roles in our body eg. digestion, detoxification, oxidative phosphorylation or energy production ect. The main reason I chose Nutrex brand of spirulina over others is because of the way this company dries their spirulina without the use of heat. My understanding of their drying technology is similar to freeze dry method. I have looked at all the other sellers of spirulina in iherb,only Nutrex brand states that they don't use any heat in their drying process. The reason this is most important to me is because heat destroys/inactive proteins and enzymes are proteins. One enzyme which is very useful and unique to spirulina is Superoxide dismutase (SOD) can enter our cell mitochondria and protect them from being damaged during the process of oxidative phosphorylation ie. energy production in our cells/body. However Nutrex brand is slightly more costly but for it's added quality and benefits, I feel it's worth it.

acff6d05-b641-4bf2-b7b2-7182d351a1ca
Posted on Jun 28, 2022

It's the only spirulina I use. I love to include superfoods every day in my meals. I add this in my smoothies or nice cream with other ingredients mostly plant-based. Great quality, beautiful green color and it doesn't has a super strong taste.

c46acfdb-9f7e-4bfe-8970-90ac0b0595f3
Posted on Jan 11, 2022

i used this brand spirulina with Europe green clay made a face mask!!! excellent effect!!!i feel my skin moisturiser and clear.i will continue do these for me!!!

3b8d0e59-e1a2-494e-9b62-157eb06530a3
8460b4b6-323b-4a78-8072-2cdbb42c8b52
Posted on Dec 22, 2021

Spirulina is a superfood, it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, but the real benefits in my opinion are the trace minerals like iodine and selenium which are almost nonexistent in our diet, the perfect amino acids profile, and of course, the antioxidants effect.

I just received this today and I absolutely love it. Spirulina contains a high level of iron so that is why I decided to try this out. I put about a tablespoon into a pretty large smoothie and I didn't notice any taste- which I hear is a good thing! I read some negative reviews about the spirulina that is not Hawaiian tasting like a fish tank so I'd say to definitely go for the Hawaiian I did not notice any fishy taste. I would absolutely recommend this. Great health benefits, little to no taste, good size, good price. Love it!