DK

Posted on Feb 23, 2022
Fantastic replacement for coffee

I like dark roast coffee so much. However, I’m pretty sensitive to caffeine, which I could only drink decaf coffee. I find this, tho it’s not a rich dark roasted taste. The rye got a unique taste! The powder dissolved nicely into the water, love tin Furthermore, with a bit of the pleasant sour smell of coffee beans, I love that.

2ba7cc1b-4fb4-4384-9db6-e70eae78e61e
556f61a4-267d-42a0-8d17-702ec1ee2c26

Pero contains just 4 ingredients, all natural. This is a very big tub, and at 1 teaspoonful per drink, will last me months! The taste is pleasant. I add a little oat/chocolate milk, but ordinary milk is fine also. I could add a dash of cream to make it a luxury drink for special occasions! No sugar is needed, for my taste.

Posted on Jan 19, 2022

I call this my fake coffee. For that drink in the afternoon when I need to tell myself to take less coffee. Caffeine interferes with my sleep these days. Taste - its not coffee for sure, so it taste like thick korean barley tea. Some semblance of coffee smell. It's a psychological barrier to quit coffee and I am glad that I have this as an alternative.

Posted on Dec 18, 2021

It ressembles coffee.. but not quite.. but i am just amazed that this some what ressembles coffee.. even tho it's not coffee.. It's not as delicious as coffee.. it's more bitter.. and smells a little like burnt soot. But you can't deny the quality of this product, it dissolves well, and the packaging is eco friendly. I'd rather have decaf coffee tho..

Posted on Jun 3, 2022

I'm not able to drink as much coffee as I used to theuric acid builds up too much in my body. I truly like coffee and pero Is the best substitute I've been able to find it's satisfying it's refreshing and I feel like I'm having a cup of coffee

Posted on May 6, 2022

I tried this at the recommendation of an Instagrammer who said it was similar to coffee. And while I wouldn't say it tastes exactly like coffee, I do really like it and love having another caffeine free drink option. My favorite way to enjoy it is to add a spoonful of Pero to a mug along with a bit of milk and a splash of maple syrup. Then I fill it the rest of the way with boiling water. So easy and delicious...kind of like a latte.

Oceans
Posted on May 1, 2022

At some point I decided that I was drinking a little too much coffee (about 2-3 pots a day) and decided to find an alternative for the afternoons. So I decided to try some of these coffee alternatives. I have tried several and found Cafix, Pero, and Roma) to be decent substitutes. Overall, it reminds me a bit of the flavor of instant coffee, but I actually think it is a little better if you mix it a tad more concentrated then they say. Basically, I use 3 generous teaspoons in my travel mug. That amounts to about 1.5 teaspoons per coffee cup. Quality product. Good ingredients

Posted on Apr 29, 2022

This is a great coffee substitute. Because I have a tender esophagus I raise the pH of a cup of Pero to 7 by adding about 1/4 tsp of potassium citrate powder. To be more accurate I have added the powder and measured the pH using pH strips. The powder is sold in bulk online.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022

My local co-op has had a hard time keeping Pero in stock. I had almost purchased from another BIG online retailer, but luckily found it at iHerb before I hit “buy.” Cheaper at iHerb! Bought 4 containers here for just a tiny bit more for 3 over there. As far as the product goes, I’ve been drinking Pero for several years now. Regular coffee gives me the yips something fierce, and decaf started to play havoc with my stomach. Pero is the perfect substitute. Also the chicory root adds a lovely depth of flavor without overpowering, as sometime chicory root can.

Posted on Apr 18, 2022

The box has a great recipe for iced 'cappuccino' on it. I've also made it with hot almond milk and hot water. It foams up really nicely in a blender. It's awesome to drink a 'cappuccino' before bed, lol! Great quality, easy to spoon out. Tasty powder and no caffeine!