DK

Posted on Jan 3, 2022
Cannot say enough...

I have hereditary thrombophilia (V-Leiden & MTHFR factors) and have had migraines almost all my life. After getting vaccinated against covid-19 (Pfitzer vaccine) my migraines got a lot worse.My homocysteine level hit a record high above the normal limits, together with my D-Dimer. In Greece the doctors prescribed tranquilizers so that I can bear up the severe pain and be able to work.The blood specialist prescribed a cheap folic acid supplement which I took for a couple of months unsuccessfully. The migraines are related to my menstrual cycle which got unstable after my vaccination.I started looking up the different forms of B9 and how dangerous it can be to take the synthetic form for a long period of time.I ended up ordering Thorne's 5-MTHF. Within the first month of use my energy level was unbelievable, my migraines were reduced by 85%.Now I understand the importance of buying a product that my body can fully absorb.Thorne's 5-MTHF was the best thing I've ever spent my money on.

Posted on Jan 2, 2022

I am immune deficient, which once I learned more about that, the doctors told me that I needed to begin this supplement and add it to my daily regime. My immune system has been working it's way back since 2009 when I had Viral Encephalitis. My brain and body took a huge hit, so I try every and any way to help my body be able to perform. My neurologists were the ones who mentioned this in combination with my seizure medications. Good luck to all that face that battle!

Posted on Feb 10, 2022

The capsules are small and easy to swallow (especially given the dosage; MUCH more convenient than having to take multiple pills per day). I don't really have a sense of whether they're effective and of course I can't actually know what their quality is since I don't have a home chemistry lab. Even though it's quite an investment to buy a bottle of these, I prefer buying two months' worth in one go, rather than having to order more frequently. The automated prompting guidelines wants me to mention "ingredient". I can only assume that the capsules contain what it says on the tin. In comparison with standard form folate (Megafol 5), it does seem to have had a positive impact on my B12 levels and my homocysteine levels have gone from quite high to completely normal. Take that as you will.

Posted on Oct 5, 2021

Perfect and mental fog is lifted after consuming this quality supplement. The ingredient 5mthf is the active form that gives instant results. pill size is small so easily consumable. My son has good energy after using this. Good for the nervous system.

Posted on Sep 28, 2021

The highest dose I’ve seen in Canada is 1 mg so this is a much better deal than taking 5 capsules a day. Happy with this purchase and Thorne seems to be a brand you can trust.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022

I used this and other supplements when I stopped taking birth control to help balance my hormones. Luckily my period came right away and eventually after a few months the period pain stopped. So, I don't need to take these anymore.

Posted on May 22, 2022

I took it as part of my daily supplement regimen for more than a year. I cannot say I have noticed something particular from this product, however my health improved over time. Bottle is quite small, so it is easy to carry around.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022

Bought this due do discovering I have a double genetic mutation on the MTHFR gene. Doctor recommended 15mg methyl folate. I found this product and I take 2 a day. Seems to really be helping my anxiety! Love how small the capsules are, clearly no extra fillers in these.

Posted on Feb 15, 2022

I find this product excellent as I need to take Folic Acid to counteract a medication and as I am unable to absorb folic acid properly this activated product works well for me.