DK

Based on 1,376 Ratings
1,169
Posted on Aug 14, 2022
4,107

This has been a lifesaver. I had my gallbladder removed and after a couple years I was diagnosed with GERD. For another 5 years I battled with stomach, digestion issues and finally realized it was bile reflux. With the lack of a gallbladder my body wasn't breaking down food. With the help of enzymes and the ox bile I'm able to enjoy a full meal again. it's been a long journey figuring it all and I'm sure different things help people differently but this has helped my situation immensely!

Posted on Sep 11, 2022

Thorne never disappoints! As a person sensitive to gluten, I find this supplement especially helpful when gluten in my meals is not avoidable. Thanks to Bio-Gest I no longer feel bloated and my stomach remains pretty calm when I have gluten . It also helps greatly when you overeat or just having difficulty digesting your meal.

Posted on Aug 6, 2022

Posted on Jun 7, 2022

Posted on Apr 9, 2022

Love this one for my help with my digestion and gut health. It helps me if I ain't breaking down my food, HCL isn't always enough for me since I need enzymes as well. But Thornes Bio-Gest is super. It has animal products, and I think that is what makes it work so well for me. I always trust the quality of Thorne, because it has never let me down.

Posted on Feb 24, 2022

I am in my 50s and recently had trouble with bloating after eating more carbs, and indigestion after having red meats. After taking 1 capsule of Biogest together with meal, the digestion is better and the bloating is going away. It works! I noticed it’s less effective if taken after meal, so I suggest to take it together with your meal for better effectiveness. Please 👍 if you find this info helpful

Posted on Dec 6, 2022

I trust the quality of Thorne products and so does my doctor. I’m taking this on his recommendation to help with nutrient absorption as I have been struggling with IBS-D for some time now. I think my digestion is better while taking them (based on the appearance of my BMs). In the past I tried a different product which contained many more enzymes, but the effects on my digestion were not positive. Biogest seems to be a superior product.

Posted on Nov 28, 2022

I take it along with meals & it helps with my epigastric issues. I have a lot of difficulty with gas and bloating, despite being very active and eating very healthy foods. I have tried many digestive enzymes but this is the first one that has really worked! It has been a huge relief for this issue.

Posted on Nov 2, 2022

This product is great! It covers all the elements necessary for digesting food, so you don't need to take multiple supplements. With age, the secretion of bile and gastric acid decreases, leading to lower digestibility of fat and protein, which will affect the absorption efficiency of vitamins and minerals, and indigestion will also lead to mental fatigue. This product not only adds enzymes, but also increases stomach acid and bile, which is a good news for those who need to improve their digestive function.

Posted on Oct 30, 2022

I take this everyday with meals to help with my digestive issues. I found this product to give me better results comparing to another similar product from a different brand. I definitely notice a big difference when I take it with food vs when I don’t. I feel better with it even when I eat food I can tolerate.