DK
4.8

4.8
iHerbCustomer
Posted on Jun 13, 2022

Alpha-lipoic acid supposedly helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce pain and reduce sciatica pain. It's an antioxidant found naturally in the body and foods and helps break down carbohydrates to create energy in the body. I haven't noticed a marked difference yet, like with most of my energy/mitochondria supplements, but I do feel reduced fatigue over the last month and I hope that with longterm use, I'll be able to update on even more benefits.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022

I have parosmia - a side effect of COVID-19. Alpha lipoic acid is strong antioxidants, so I decided to buy one package to try. At this time I notice little improvements about my sense of smell. At first I used to take one capsule in the morning before breakfast, but that has caused a heartburn so I've started to take it with a meal. 200 mg is the smallest amount of ALA and I think I should take a stronger one for parosmia or two capsules fer a day. Capsules are not big. I will order another pack again.

Posted on Aug 20, 2022

Secure packaging. Products were sealed. Odorless and tasteless. I've been taking Biotin plus Keratin with Alpha Lipoic Acid for a year now but a different brand. I decided to switch to other brands with different dosages as well. I'd rate it 4 since I'm still on my 4th day of taking this and we'll see what happens. Hope it won't trigger my autoimmune disorder. This is the main reason why I'm trying these kinds of supplements. So far, quality is good and ingredients are safe.

9821a987-880a-4389-b8a0-0bfe9c1d4c30
Posted on Aug 11, 2022
12,412

ALA is suggested for heavy metal detoxification, in particular for supporting the mercury (Hg) detoxifying process. So ALA is chelator and it can cause a migraine if you have a high level of heavy metals in the body

Posted on Oct 18, 2022

I'm using it to help lower my cholesterol, haven't been taking it very long so I don't know if it has or not but as with Solgar brand products, the quality comes through far as freshness and this one seems to ward off slight bugs and gives me energy. Other ingredients are negligible and what I believe to be non-toxic.

Posted on Sep 23, 2022

This brand is known for its quality of ingredients. The packaging is good to keep it fresh. I had a doctor recommend I try to get some of this into my diet. Not sure how it’s working but it was recommended and I trust this brand. There’s no smell or aftertaste it’s easy to take.

Posted on Dec 5, 2022

This supplement is perfect for me, this quality product had been helping my body to get energized. Highly commendable product for its excellency. Its a trusted brand!

Posted on Oct 3, 2022
4,069

Posted on Aug 6, 2022

Posted on Jul 19, 2022

Kudos to Solgar on their glass packaging! I often remove supplements from the capsules to consume (due to sensitivities to numerous additional ingredients). This product did result in a burning sensation in my throat and stomach when removed, yet no issue when taken in capsule form. Will purchase again.